Thursday 5 February 2015

BFI PIECE



An overdue piece about my work with the British Film Institute over summer. A really exciting and positive experience overall! It is still really exciting to see my first ever published piece on the website of such a prestigious organisation! Hopefully this is only the start of much bigger things, as I really enjoy writing alongside such a visually graphic course.

We were commissioned to write a short 100 word piece about a film character that we wanted to be,  I wrote about Enid Coleslaw, heroine of Daniel Clowes graphic novel, Ghost World and in the film of the same name. I really wanted to make a point of the fact that it was refreshing to watch and be part of a story where the main character was multifaciated, interesting AND problematic, as a preteen girl this was something really insightful and refreshing. I was bored of cheelearders and highschool tween dream movies.


You can read my piece online here

No comments:

Post a Comment